Owner Operator

Owner Operator Requirements 

  1. Weight is an important issue. The customer wants the largest payload possible regardless if Wynne charges by the weight, the load, or the mile. The Contractor's tractor weight must be less than 19,000 lbs.
  2. Wynne Transport can get the base plate for the Contractor or the Contractor may supply their own. Any costs associated with licensing or permitting will be passed onto the Contractor.
  3. Contractor must have Worker Compensation coverage and provide proof of coverage. Contractor may choose to have either an actual Workers Compensation policy or opt to have an Occupational Accident policy that provides compensation coverage.
  4. Contractor must have Bobtail Coverage and provide proof of coverage.
  5. Power unit must have a PTO system. Installation cost of the system is the Contractor's responsibility.
  6. Either the Contractor or the Company can report State fuel tax miles. The company does not charge a fee for this service, however, the only way the Company will report miles is if we license the vehicle. The Contractor is liable for all State fuel taxes reported by either party. If the Company supplies the IFTA credentials, the Company MUST report the miles.
  7. Must meet all federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements.
  8. Must have a commercial driver's license with hazmat and tanker endorsements. No current license suspension/revocation.
  9. No major traffic violations in the last 3 years:

         Reckless/careless driving.  

         Driving while intoxicated or under influence of drugs.  

         Hit and run; leaving the scene of an accident; failure to report an accident.  

         Excessive speeding as defined by the D.O.T.; any single offense for any speed 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit.  

         No more than 4 moving violations within the last 3 years and no more than 2 moving violations within the last 12 months. 

  1. No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the accident scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within the last 3 years. (Disabling damage means damage that precludes departure of any motor vehicle from the scene of the accident in its usual manner in daylight after simple repairs.) This includes damaged vehicles that are drivable, but would incur further damage, if so driven.
  2. Two years current experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
  3. At least 23 years old.


Back to Job Openings   

Customer Login
Fuel Surcharge
Get A Quote
Apply Now